Thursday, May 21, 2015

And then there were two...

Juliette was able to pick out Dukey this past weekend. Dukey is now a third generation name for a parakeet. My Dad had a bird named Dukey, my bird as a child was Dukey and now Juliette was so excited to keep the name going!


Dukey is a little bit older than Candy the PetSmart employee told them. Juliette loved his beautiful blue tail and he had some blue right above his beak.


Candy was so happy to meet her new friend. 
Tripp was sure to tell me, "Mommy dey are married..."
Within an hour on the back porch they were flying all over together. They love the flower basket holders up at the top of the porch and fly back and forth. They like to fly in their cage every now and then but love their freedom to fly. It is amazing too that they also really love to chirp at the birds outside. There are lots of bird feeders so birds are always around.

It is funny how much I am enjoying them too. I have great memories with my bird and enjoy watching the kids get so excited over the two birds and the beloved Buckwheat.

It's no wonder Tessa and Doh's house is the most fun place to be!

Welcome home Dukey and Candy! I assure you, your life will never be boring!


No comments: