Sunday, July 16, 2017

Happy Birthday to me from Seabrook Island!!


It was a birthday week like no other! It was a big year after all. I told Don all I wanted for my birthday was a beach house for my girlfriends and me. I found a beautiful house on Seabrook and arranged individual time with each of my four closest girls in my life - Whitney a dear friend from Wofford, Susan my best friend from high school, Amy McCollum my best friend from Wofford and my Mom!

I could not have asked for any other more perfect week. It was so special and so relaxing that I felt like a new woman. Matter of fact I still am riding the wave of an utter relaxed feeling inside. 

I was out at the beach from a Friday until Thursday morning with just my girlfriends. Don brought the kids out and joined us. I do have to say that there was a few minutes of shell shock when the crew arrived. One jumped out of one side of the car, one on the other, one came from the front sear and the other jumped out from the back of the truck. All I could do for a minute was just look and laugh in amazement. Six days with the girls solo was quite a nice break. Took me a few minutes to remember the loudness, the love and the laughter that I had been away from. 
































No comments: