Wednesday, May 4, 2016

May crowning of Mary


It is one of my favorite traditions the children have at school. May is the month of Mary. Juliette and Tripp woke up early this morning to pick some fresh flowers to bring in. This year Juliette chose the oak leaf hydrangeas in the yard. 

 

Just watching the children file in with such honor makes their school even more special to me. This year Juliette's classmate who lost her Mon this year was chosen to crown Mary. I was so touched when Juliette let me know, "Mommy, Mary is Ellori's heavenly Mother. She is all of our Mothers."

 
This year I chose to park the car and go be a part of the ceremony. It was the best 30 minutes veered off the normal routine that I had taken in a while. I was so moved by the children, the honor they showed, and the behavior they exhibited which is not seen in most schools today. 




No comments: