Monday, August 17, 2015

We're ready for 2nd grade and feeling good!

I love our "T'was the night before the first day of school tradition..." Last night we continued with it as we do each year. Instead of "T'was the night before Kindergarten" we changed it around and Juliette wanted to ready Tessa's book from the 2nd grade. 

We always talk about the excitement of the upcoming year and what she is most excited about.

I interviewed her and it went like this:

Me: "Juliette what are you most excited about tomorrow on your first day of school?"
Juliette: "Seeing my friends"
(Yup - this sounds about right)
Me: What is your favorite color?
Juliette: "Blue"
(Ummm that is the very first I have heard of this)
Me: What is your favorite subject?
Juliette: "Science"
Me: "Juliette, where would you like to go to college?"
Juliette: "Bishop England"
Me: "Bishop England is a high school"
Juliette: pause and thoughts and then in an exhausted question "Do I have to go to college?"
Me: laughing and replying "You may want to someday"
Me: "Well what would you like to be when you grow up?"
Juliette: "A Babysitter"

Well there you have Juliette in summary as she begins the 2nd grade. 


She was ready to do her reading and get some good giggles in...


Juliette was so sweet. Tyler was not ready for bed apparently and fussed in his crib. She went and got him out of the crib and said, "It's okay Mommy Tyler just wants to be part of our party tonight."
She propped him on her pillow and he was as happy as he could be.



This morning she woke up and was ready to get the show started. She needed about 10 minutes to get out of the bed and then we walked downstairs. As we were getting old uniform out she looked at me as she was putting it on and said, "This is horrifying!"
I just started to laugh. The thought of the unfashionable uniform just did not excite her while putting it on. Then when she remembered the navy blue knee socks she was really horrified (ha!)

We left the house and even though we received an email that 2nd graders could just be dropped off in the carpool line, I wanted to walk her in. On the way in she says to me in the car, "Mommy can you please go in with me?"
She was a bit apprehensive and while she still wants me to walk in with her, you bet I am going to. 2nd grade is a big jump in that now the children have to go "up the stairs" to the 2nd grade along with the 3rd and 4th grade.
There were so many of her little friends in her class and she was SO excited about her teacher Ms. Martin. We walked in and even though she was excited to meet the teacher and see her little friends, I could see her little eyes well up with tears. She looked at me and said, "Mommy I am going to miss you! I am sad to leave you after being with you all summer."
Ugh... pull at the heart strings. I gave her a big hug and knew she would be just fine after taking a big deep breath myself!
After a big hug and a big kiss she walked back into the room!
This Mama walked out knowing she is in wonderful hands and is going to have a stellar year!





No comments: