Thursday, September 22, 2011

My three year old well baby check at the Doctor



I should hardly call it a well baby check as there is little baby left in Juliette. Juliette had a big day today with Dr. Kimberly. She had quite a day leading up to the appointment. That morning she tried to sneak into the freezer in search of a popsicle and in the process got her finger stuck in there. All was okay after some ice and a lesson learned on sneaking in the refrigerator. That afternoon on the way to the appointment, Juliette took the cap of her juice bottle and sucked it around her lips thinking that was funny. I looked in the rear view mirror and there is a hug bruise around her mouth. Please note in the picture she looks like an old man with a moustache. She thought that it was the funniest thing, I of course was not laughing as I had to walk her into the Doctor's office.

Dr. Kimberly asked her several questions. One thing about children, they never lie.

Dr. Kimberly: Juliette what is your favorite healthy food, perhaps green?
Ju: Chocolate... but I do also love to eat ice cream with my Daddy

Dr. Kimberly: what do you love to do?
Ju: I love to play "talking Tom"on my I-touch.... and I love Barney... I don't like carrots but Barney loves carrots!

Those were some of the funniest things that she said. She is still off the charts for height and is perfectly healthy! She is such a  funny little girl. I knew that she would have to get a shot and she by now is old enough to know what is coming. She got one, and it was so fast that she did not even realize what had happened.

Since she is now three, she gets to wear a gown. Dr. Kimberly told her that means that she is no longer a baby but a big girl... Juliette LOVED hearing that.

1 comment:

The Tylers said...

BAHAHAHAHAHA! I am seriously dying laughing at the bruise on her mouth...I thought that kind of thing only happened to me. Give her a hug from Thomas & Ellison. By the way, I am happy there is someone else that views chocolate with such importance!