Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Wow!! A birthday full of firecrackers!

I could not have asked for a greater birthday weekend! Every year I say that it is my favorite holiday of the year and after the weekend, I continue to believe that to be true.



My Mom and I started with some delicious mimosas at Hominy Grill that morning! Breakfast was just wonderful and I could have have asked for a better start. Each year my Mom reminisces on the day of my birth. I was breached so it was going to be a c-section. She went in for her checkup and the Doctor let her know she needed to go straight to the hospital. All she wanted was Chinese food and she asked him if they could stop.... no you must go straight to the hospital he let her know.

I was born later that afternoon on a glorious summer day in Madison, WI at St. Mary's hospital. Mom lets me know every year that once I was born the world was a happier place just me being in it. That always makes me feel so special!

I was blessed to be born into such a special family! I am thankful everyday for that.





Some birthdays of yesteryears! I know to my parents this seems like just yesterday!


First special thing Juliette wanted to do!

 

Juliette decided that she needed to design my hair that day yellow flower and all for such a special day!


We celebrated with our annual dinner of ribs at Tessa and Doh's house! Juliette could not wait to give me my present that she had worked so hard on with Tessa. Mom assured me that she would not even let her help. Juliette was so comfortable with the machine. If there is one person I trust with machine safety, it would be my Mom since she has taught just about 10,000 students how to sew and use a machine as a teacher.





The kids love to get riled up with Doh!



And then there was my beautiful birthday cake from my favorite bakery!

 



Tyler cannot get enough of Tessa especially when there is cake in hand!



Now take a look at this, we had not yet found Don his birthday present so today was the perfect day with a few hours to spare before dinner. I took him to Gwynn's for a new jacket.... they had a field day with him! They even served him some bourbon in the dressing room. We did find his present and my present so we both left very excited!



One evening the kiddies picked where they wanted to take me... of course it is ALWAYS Mexican on the island. The most exciting part is the QUESO dip!



We boated around the harbor and up the creek. The kids just love to jump off the boat and into the water! These pictures just summarize the happiness and joy that they feel in the sun and in the water! They know this is their home. Lowcountry living gets down into your bones.


And my day was ended with our traditional dinner downtown to my favorite restaurant Peninsula Grill with my most special man!

What a wonderful weekend of birthday celebrations!


No comments: