Monday, April 11, 2016

Camping.... what counts?


Today the children and their Daddy (yes, only the children and their Daddy) decided that they would love to camp! So we drove to Field and Stream to find the perfect tent. The tent got up easily. 

I'm thinking to myself... "This is fabulous! I'll make a cocktail, watch some shows, organize and whatever else in a nice quiet house."
I continually reminded the children how fun it was going to be sleeping outside...

So we grill out like campers do... (I shouldn't tell you it was grilling on our Big Green Egg). I make Don a nice stiff bourbon drink so he will be so excited about sleeping on grass that he will forget how much his back is going to love it...


Somehow the wind started to blow and their Daddy who was less than excited to sleep out there convinced them that the coyote really likes the wind. I mean seriously? But yes, they believed it.


So we convinced the children that a camping party with their tepee in the family room would be as much fun as an outdoor camping party! Don even pretended to fall asleep like a camper.


Once the little peepers were closed, one of the three did not last long there...
Yup, Daddy!



The next morning "the camper" after showering, spritzing some of Mommy's nice perfume, insisting on her zebra robe and carefully wrapping her wet head looked out the window and said 
"Mommy can you be fancy and sleep in a tent?"
"Mommy how can we lock the door so the robbers don't get us?"

I'm not sure if the camping life will be for her!

No comments: