Saturday, July 11, 2015

All roads lead to water...

There is no better way to beat the summer heat than to be around water. I notice it when going through my pictures and realizing that most activities are centered around it. We went tubing this past weekend and this was a first for Tripp. He had a blast! We went into Beresford Creek where it was pretty calm and that made for a nice ride. Tripp and Juliette really wanted to anchor the boat and swim. We did just that. It was funny though - Juliette really wanted to get in and she did. We swam around and enjoyed the water. She is just like me though, when she starts to think about the river and the fact we can see nothing under us - she gets rather freaked out. I am the same - I just try not to think about it. She wanted to watch shark week and I told her if you watch that stuff you may be too afraid to ever get in the Wando or the ocean. Tripp is too young to be concerned about anything and he was happy as clam holding on to his Daddy and me.  



Tripp is rocking out his swim lessons with Mr. Bob! He is really making some head way. I have been lost without Ms. Viv who taught Juliette but have been so happy that we found Mr. Bob. He should be able to swim after the next four lessons left with him.

Tripp is funny. I looked out the window and listened to his listen and I hear Tripp trying to dictate to Mr. Bob. I started to laugh really hard when I heard this conversation,

Mr. Bob, "Okay Tripp let's jump in and swim to me..."
Tripp, "Mr. Bob I want you to swim to me. "
Mr. Bob, "First let's try jumping in to me and swimming."
Tripp, "See this stair I am standing on, you can do it, you can swim to me Mr. Bob."

... And before you knew it Tripp was blowing his bubbles and swimming to Mr. Bob. 



I mentioned to Don that Tripp has thoroughly enjoyed the swim meets. Don's response, "He sure has! As long as he is stuffing his face with something he is happy..."
And you know what? He is exactly right!


We had a play date at the Hamlin pool with some of Juliette's class mates. It was SO much fun and the girls were thrilled to see each other....


Tripp may have been the most excited when he got to play with "Ms. Elaina"
Yes this is Elaina below. Ask me why he called her Ms. Elaina? I have no answer! It was so hilarious no one corrected him!


All of the siblings and class mates - what a fun day! 


The next day we reunited with the McCollum clan! Hanging with this crowd is too much fun!



Feeling SO happy and cherishing our Summer!

No comments: