Monday, August 18, 2014

AND.... she made it!

Juliette made it through her first day of first grade! There were a lot of little nerves running through her body today. I set her Minnie alarm clock this morning and quickly realized at 6:30 that little squirt was not moving up there. When I went up there to wake her she kindly let me know that she jumped out of bed, turned the alarm off and jumped back into bed. The excitement was just not there. 

She ate some toast with cream cheese ran out the door for the annual first day of school picture and flew up the stairs to wake Tripp up. Juliette asked me in the car, "Mommy why can't I just learn at home?" I assured her that Mommy was not capable of being a teacher :)





We parked the car and immediately ran into some of her little friends in her class. That made it a lot less scary walking in together. It was so nice to see so many of the Moms and Dads that I have gotten to know over the past five years since Juliette began 2K at COK. Juliette was quite apprehensive and unsure of her new classroom. 

She was able to meet Ms. Clair who is going to be wonderful! Each of the classrooms offer such a warm environment. There is so much love all around!



Juliette had a reunion with her little friends and the nerves slowly began to lessen... one by one the Mommies left the room and it was interesting that there were plenty of tears from little ones. Juliette assured me everyone was okay shortly after. Juliette did not cry but she assured me that she missed me so much all morning. 


The children had a half day today and guess who experienced something totally new today! Juliette rode the bus home to Daniel Island... She is going to be a bus rider in the afternoons and I will drop her off in the mornings. It is going to be so nice for me so that I don't have to go back in to Mount Pleasant every afternoon. She has the sweetest bus driver and the children were all precious.


The highlights of the day were the tornado drill, fire drill and "hurricane" drill. "The hurricane drill was so much fun because we get to crawl under our desks and then put a book over our head..." The "hurricane drill" is of course an earthquake drill.

Here is an interview after her first day of school today.


Looking forward to a wonderful year for my sweet child! First grade here we come!







No comments: