Monday, January 6, 2014

The fourth Annual New Year's Oyster Roast

We continued to ring in the new year with a traditional oyster roast at Mima and Grandpa's house in Beaufort! It was so much fun and the Bluffton Selects and the Stump Island , NC selects at the recommendation of my brother were amazing! It was so much fun to hang out in the backyard on the water with good country music, some cold weather, a bon fire and oysters, bloody Marys and beer! What more could a Southern girl ask for? Oh one more thing... Texas Pete on my oysters.

Tonight we are blowing all records out the door. We are supposed to hit 17 degrees here in Charleston. I just went outside to feel what that temp feels like.... damn! Quite cold! And to think we leave for Beaver Creek to ski next week! I need to sit outside all evening to get my body in gear!


The men getting ready to tear into some oysters!


Sissy always trying to make her brother laugh...


Love this picture - Mom, me and Juliette for our three generation shot and my adorable Dad relaxing with a beer in the background!


Juliette and Tripp could spend hours in the sandbox?


My Dad and me



Trippy loves his Doh. Dad has always been accused of scratching all of my hair out since I was a baby.... do you see a pattern? Some how Juliette's hair did not get affected by Doh's scratching.


Aunt Kathleen and Uncle John



Mr. Clarke, my brother-in-law's father and the children 


The children and I woke up Sunday morning and headed to the backyard where they wanted to play in the sandbox and I kept a beautiful fire going in the chiminea. It was a gorgeous Southern January morning.

No comments: