Sunday, January 19, 2014

Beaver Creek

Well this is always such a special trip... however this year was the most special! Juliette came out for her first skiing adventure. It was honestly the best four days I could have possibly hoped that it would be! 


Juliette was all eyes as she was looking out the airplane to find amazing views of the Rockies right before her eyes!




Since our morning started off at 4:00, she was out before the van could even get us to the hotel.


She piped up though quite quickly and was ready to get geared up!



Her first morning lesson with Ms. Kelly. Her ski school began at 8:45 and ended at 3:30 each day. She was part of the "Mogul Mice." To be honest the first day I thought that they would stay on the magic carpet at the bottom of the mountain to get some good footing. Nope, off they headed straight up the mountain in the gondola. She was sure the night before that there would be three boys in her class and her. How right she was! She looked the most excited of all of the boys. As I watched her get on the gondola I could see her dancing with her skis.


The end of day 1 and a huge success! Don and I went to the part of the mountain where the lessons are and were able to find her. I took several videos and it was such a proud happy moment to watch her doing it!


Here are some of the little ones getting ready to head up the mountain


I had my best three days of skiing yet. I feel like my nerves and fear have now subsided over the years and I can really enjoy and trust my abilities. Along with my abilities, I had the most enjoyable skiing year as well.


Do you think this little girl had the life?? She is lying down exhausted in the lobby by the fire playing on her Daddy's phone drinking hot chocolate.


After picking her up from ski school her second day she told me "Mommy God made me to be a ballerina but I don't know if God made me to be a skier..." Hilarious!


Here was her class the second day - three little ones cruising down the mountain



Each afternoon after class and right before the slopes closed the hotel had smores for everyone. We roasted our smores while Juliette enjoyed hot chocolate from hotel lobby and me a glass of Prosecco


The utter enjoyment of that smore!


Of course I had promised her that we could skate as well. I thought she would forget but of course not... WE Southern girls are a hoot on the ice and we'll just leave it at that!


Our hotel the Park Hyatt - it was just amazing!



Don got to do his annual cat skiing day in Vail Pass where they take you through all powder all day by a cat... pretty cool!


The crazy foursome for dinner!




 

We already cannot wait to go back next year! AND by the end Juliette was convinced that God made her a skier too!




No comments: