Monday, February 22, 2010

Our very young "birder"

So Don is very into birding and he can name almost any species out there. I call him "the bird nerd." Since we have moved into our new house, I cannot tell you the amount of birds that we have. We got bird feeders a few weeks ago and it has been so much fun to watch all of the birds feeding. Juliette is getting double dosage of birding from us and her Doh (my Dad). In the morning they go on a tour in his backyard for birds and squirrels. We sometimes cannot get her in the house due to her excitement of seeing a "birp" as she calls it. She got to help Daddy fill the bird feeders in the backyard today. That was SO very exciting to her. She is a birder in training for sure. Below she is reaching up to the sky pointing to a bird.




1 comment:

The Tylers said...

I am so jealous! I was a bird nerd too (mainly in Africa). One time I road 3 hours just to hopefully get a glimpse of the long tailed widowbird. I bet you see amazing birds out there by the water! Does Don keep a book? Hope to see you soon.