Saturday, March 18, 2017

The COK-SM art walk...

Juliette and I had a very special Mommy-Daughter evening. The two of us headed to the school's annual art walk. For $2 you can purchase your child's special art work as a fundraiser for the school. I love when a school finds something like this that draws everyone out. 

Before we headed to the school Juliette was insistent on bringing our little digital camera. She "needed" to take pictures of everyone's art work. It was so cute because she likes to walk around with something that may look like a phone. She knows that is a very long way off but it is cute to see her with it in her hand.


So here is the photographer in the hallway of her classroom taking of a picture of her artwork. Hers is Buckwheat on the bottom in the pink. I sure think that was worth $2 😍



How about the beautiful pot of flowers Juliette created as well for sale? This will be perfect to brighten up my office desk.


And then here is Trippy's art work! He painted a stone and named him "Blue Tiger." He was SO very proud of his friendly tiger made out of a rock. I treasure all of these gifts from these young sweet children. These are more precious than silver or gold. 


Juliette was more excited than anything to show me her name on the wall outside for being a "Math Master!" They are having weekly time tests on multiplication facts. Students must be able to complete 100 facts in 5 minutes.... she was ready to go and boy did she rock it!

I was so proud of her!

And when there are the occasional days that all parents go through when you wonder if anything you are doing is right.... in the hallway after reading this I knew that something I am doing is right...




No comments: